- Start at the beginning with Elements of Anger Devotional the first 12-week session of 2020!
- The second 12-week session began on Thursday, May 7, 2020 Elements of Arrogance & Pride
👋 Hello, Person of Purpose!
You are actively participating in this 12-week session focused on arrogance and pride. Through these instructional podcasts, it is our hope that you are able to articulate your feeling in a productive way. ‘Put Me In Coach! The Danger of Unawareness, the Podcast is an example of the framework we use to help you achieve that goal. Share your thoughts in the comment section or on any of our social media pages. We want to hear from you! As we grow in emotional intelligence, we can handle the struggles we know lay ahead. Application is the key to pursuing a life of meaning!
🟥 The Message:
Put Me In Coach! The Danger of Unawareness the Podcast. The message of today’s instructional session is in three parts. We begin with the C of copping our purpose. Clarity, which means defining what we need to be aware of and use our focal scripture 2 Corinthians 12:20 as a frame. The O of copping our purpose. We organize our thoughts by identifying common struggle areas—finally, the P of copping our purpose. We prepare with solutions. The answers you provide to the journal prompts, and the exercise will guide you toward a different perspective; this is how we will Clarify.Organize.Prepare.
🔺This session began with an overview of 2 Corinthians 12 in Elements of Arrogance and Pride 101 the Podcast. Our focal scripture for the next 12 weeks is 2 Corinthians 12:20. The Apostle Paul helps us because he was obedient to the will of God. Let’s glean from his messages to the people of Corinth today. We do not want our Lord and Savior to return, finding us in the same state of rebellion or wickedness. To be transformed by the renewing of our minds means we must do our work. Clarifying, organizing, and preparing to do our assignment each day takes strategic planning with God.
🟥 Take Action
As you listen to 🎧 Put Me In Coach! The Danger of Unawareness, you can actively participate. This exercise is will help you focus on what you believe about yourself.
I, a person of purpose, am designed to be an incredible____________ (be specific). I will do this by________and ______. All of my ideas, plans, and goals are filtered through_____________.
Think about the arenas, courts, fields, or stages you step onto. What is your ‘why’? Who is the ultimate motivation behind your ambition?
🔺Scriptures in this episode:
Ephesians 2:10, Psalm 46:1, 2 Corinthians 12:20
CEO of Acumen, Jaqueline Novogratz Manifesto for a Moral Revolution: Practices to Build a Better World
👋 Our Given Purpose® presents an exclusive offering! Married Influencers with Purpose is a Facebook group for married women over 25 who are believers in Christ and desire to collaborate. This private virtual gathering space is full of energy and vibrant ideas to make positive changes. As we grow in emotional intelligence, we can handle the struggles we know lay ahead. Application is the key to pursuing a life of meaning! Sharing our triumphs, business practices, and lead-hership roles, connects us heart to heart. Synergy is the idea that frames this network. Tell us who you are and what you offer as a resource! Together we make a more significant impact!
🔺 Journal Prompts:
- What life situations or memories make up the wall of your arrogance? Keep it simple. What instantly makes you feel insecure, and how do you attempt to protect it?
- How much effort do you make to understand your ambitions?
- What steps could you take to expand your appreciation for reality and better recognize your arrogance as a limitation?
OUR GIVEN PURPOSE ® THE MINISTRY
Our Given Purpose® ⇒ The Month of May
- S4E1 Anger, Have We Overcome It Yet? ( Recap of Elements of Anger series)
- S4E2 Elements of Arrogance & Pride, 101 the Podcast was the introduction into this 12-week session.
- S4E3 Empower Your Growth! An interview with Full-Time Black Woman the Podcast with special guests and founders of Full-Time Black Woman Aleese Real and Esha Belle
- S4E4 Does Arrogance Make Cents? The Podcast with a short message from Ruby our audio drama queen.
- S4E5 Interview with Gracefully Broken founder Elizabeth Owusu!
- S4E6 ‘Put Me In Coach’ The Danger of Unawareness, the Podcast. (Solo Pod)
- S4E7 An interview with Derek Preston, Wordsmith, Conscious Comedian, and team tournament bowling champion.
- S4E8 Are we keeping a PMA Present Moment Awareness- How does it affect our ability to combat arrogance and pride?
Have you subscribed?… to the website (completely free) to view/listen to all we are doing on purpose for God’s purpose! Please share your favorites via your social media platforms! Download on Pandora|Apple Podcasts|GooglePodcasts|Spotify|Stitcher|Radio Public|Tune In| iHeartRadio
⇒What to do between podcasts?
⇒Also, follow @ourgivenpurpose to join Facebook the group page. Chat with us @ourgivenpurpose Instagram and watch shows via IGTV! Pin us on Pinterest! Follow the feature page on Instagram @collective_purpose to see what others are doing. Retweet our posts on Twitter. Use #ourgivenpurpose to let us know what you like most.
👋 Support for Free!
Share with your circle on social media or casually bring us up in conversation. 😉
If you listen via Apple Podcasts please leave us a review! It helps others find our content and you will spread the word virtually. You may also rate and review us at www.podchaser.com
Start your own Bible study or share it with your church group. (Men’s’, Womens’, & Teens ministries)
This episode was written, researched, produced, and edited by Torrie Slaughter in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
#ourgivenpurpose #collective_purpose #transformationthursday #calledtocreate #podcastcommunity #promoteyourpodcast #biblestudymoments
© Torrie Slaughter, LLC, Torrie Slaughter Photography, and Our Given Purpose ®, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Torrie Slaughter, Torrie Slaughter Photography, and Our Given Purpose® with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.