The Bible In A Year Daily Reading Plan
Friday, February 24, 2023
Leviticus 15:1-16:28, Mark 7:1-23, Psalm 40:11-17, Proverbs 10:13-14
written by: Torrie Slaughter
Can we focus on God?
Words to Ponder
- Ritual- done following social custom or standard protocol
- Hypocrisy- the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform; pretense.
- Apostasy- the abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.
Families pass down traditions according to their culture. Some religious observances are rooted in ritual rather than obedience to God. As we honor our Lord and Savior, we must intentionally seek His guidance. We avoid errors when we follow God and not try to please people.
Jesus brings awareness, power, understanding, knowledge into our lives as we read the Gospels. The Pharisees and Scribes (Ephesians 4:18) spoke to their ritualistic ideals and not to the reverence of God our Father. Jesus tells us that the sins of the heart lead to abusive practices and defiles people. (Mark 7:14-16) Christ exposed the hypocrisy of the religious leaders.
How do we focus our thoughts on God?
- We give Him our whole heart.
- Worship with pure intention corporately and privately.
- Teach through the love and wisdom Christ gives to His followers.
As you read today’s assigned scriptures, think about your habits. Do they honor God or create a barrier between you and His people?
Torrie is a media ministry consultant who works with Christian women and faith driven organizations to build their ministry team. She is the Blueprint Specialist uncovering root problems to construct solutions. Want to hear more? Tune in and listen to Talking on Purpose with Torrie every Friday via YouTube.