Keep on, Keeping On
by contributing writer Tiffiany Langston
Continuing in Love this side of heaven can get really old, real quick. Dealing with the relationship with ourselves, others, and God, can all feel overwhelming and will threaten to zap the peace, joy, and enthusiasm for life that we should have. But God’s word is clear, giving us hope and guidance for our everyday lives.
While we tend to overcomplicate, it is relatively straightforward how we should conduct our social, personal, and religious lives—looking to the standard for how we should live and keep on, keeping on.
Without prayer, staying in the word, and being active in a local congregation, we will be hard-pressed to have the energy needed for this race and become resentful toward God. We must recognize and take the initiative to spread our faith and share the gospel with the world around us.
How we live our lives, day to day, matters most.
- Are you loving your brothers and sisters?
- Showing hospitality to strangers?
- Remembering those in prison?
- Those who have been mistreated?
- Are you living sexually pure lives?
- Keeping your life free from a love of money?
- Are you content with what you have?
Do you remember your leaders?
- Are you being pulled away by strange teachings?
- Do you have confidence in your leaders, and are you submissive to their authority?
- Are you praying for others to live honorably and asking the Lord to equip you with every good thing to do His will?
As human beings, we are limited. But our God is not! Don’t hesitate to go before Him with honesty and ask for His help. Then allow God to change and transform your thinking and attitudes. Be diligent in abiding in the vine and be consumed by His love. There is a great reward if we persevere. Don’t give up!
The Bible In A Year Daily Reading Plan
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Ezekiel 33:1-34:31, Hebrews 13:1-25, Psalm 115:1-18, Proverbs 27:21-22
Download or Print the One Year Bible Reading Plan
Connect with Tiffiany Langston at www.tiffianylangston.com
Tiffiany is a solopreneur who holds a NC esthetics license, a contributor to the Millenials on Purpose FB group, and an aspiring author. As a wife and mother of two vibrant children she is dedicated to her family, believing it is her first and most important ministry. With a great desire to also help women in their day to day walk, Tiffany runs an on-line ministry. She leads small group Bible studies and presents monthly devotionals for Winning the Battles in Your Mind University daily encouragement call.